May 23, 2008

End of School Fun

Today was the first day of summer for kids in Anchorage. Yesterday was the last day of school, so for the last two weeks Josh and Liz have been busy with picnics, field trips and field days. Tali and I tagged along for all of it.

A chilly morning at the Zoo with Liz's pre-school. Tali loves the animals and Liz loves her friends.



Liz's pre-school picnic, complete with ponies (and hot dogs at 10:30am - yum). Josh skipped a morning of school for this one. Did I say Tali loves animals? "Ride a pony, one more time . . . repeat."



Last, but not least, Josh's field day - every kid's dream school day! Josh loves running, so he toed the line at the 50, 100, 200 and 400. Liz only ran when she had a friend to run with, or when they were giving out ribbons afterward. Liz and Katie came in second in the Kindergarten 3-legged race. Josh killed in the long jump, but I couldn't seem to get a picture of him in the air. But I did get a picture of him doing the high jump. He didn't clear that rope, but look at that kid's vertical! Josh's class won the 2nd grade tug-of-war and I've never been so proud :)







No comments: