
I've been busy . . . sitting on the couch. Occasionally I roll onto the floor and do a few sit-ups to assure that I don't get bedsores or sink down into the crevices of the couch, or actually become one with it. I have been showering . . . okay, so I finally showered this afternoon . . . and previously on Monday. But sometimes I read in the bathtub :) I can't wash my hair or get my hands wet while I'm reading though, so a shower was eventually inevitable.
I first heard about the vampire books written by a BYU grad over a year ago from Linda, then Heather, then all my friends blogs were peppered with pictures of the cover (just like mine now). I held strong. No vampires for me. Then I heard about it on a bike ride with biking friends. It was coming at me from every angle! So, I asked my older and much wiser sister, who reads very scholarly books (several a day, I'm sure), has a degree in library science, and shares my name - Tiffani. She gave it the thumbs up, so off to the bookstore I went.
I started reading Monday and am slightly addicted. I plan my days around my next fix. I'm halfway through #2 - New Moon. I miss Edward and Alice. I like Edward, a lot. Maybe more than Lance :) I'm smitten. Oh, but what about Jacob . . . No, still Edward.
So, what's been going on in my house while I've been thus engrossed?
#1 - There is currently popcorn spilled on my kitchen floor.
#2 - Tali dipped her toothbrush in the toilet today -and then brushed- while Liz gawked in amazement.
#3 - Josh said, "Mom, you must be really interested in that book." (I felt like I might be neglecting him, but then he went upstairs and started reading a chapter book himself. What a good example I am!)
Where's Matt, you ask? There's the ticket. He's out of town, so a good book is just what the doc ordered. (BTW - I know I shouldn't tell the "Internet" he's out of town. FYI - he'll be home before I post this.)
So, We have done a few things since I last posted - actually out of the house things. Here's the rundown:
It snowed! Isn't it a little early for snow? I think Josh was thinking the same thing. But all three kids had a great time playing in it until bedtime. They finished the festivities on the trampoline where they giggled themselves into hysterics until someone finally took off their gloves and got cold hands.
It has all melted, and the temperature is back up to a balmy 50 degrees, thanks to a lovely Chinook wind that blew in last night and disrupted sleep for all Anchorageites. Like I said, Matt was out of town, so Josh and I cleaned up the aftermath. Do you see everything in the picture that's on our porch? It all blew off. Also included - our grill and our trampoline (luckily no damage). I found one trash can standing upright 50 yards behind Josh's and Liz's heads (in the pic), our kiddie pool in our neighbor's yard, and Tali's little bike in the next-one-down neighbor's yard. Several of our neighbors lost trees and shingles. I hear winds got above 100 mph and all flights were diverted to Fairbanks for the day. We lost power for a few hours, but our friends down the street were without it all day. Our friends in Eagle River are still in the dark!
Speaking of the dark:
I loved playing hide 'n' go seek in the dark when I was a kid. We usually did it when our parents were gone so we could take extra steps to make the house completely dark. So, we had a great time until Tali suddenly got scared. She clutched onto me and started repeating very confidently, but still with a hint of question in her eyes "There's no monsters, there's no monsters." I almost cried for her. Sometimes she is a little bit afraid of the dark, but she's so tough though. When I turned on the lights for her, she made me turn them back off so we could keep playing. She just stayed with me from then on.
Well, off to bed for me. I think I'll take a book with me :)
4 comments:
Now i now how you feel when I real, when I neglect you when I'm reading The Book of Mormon for hours a day.
Glad you joined the club of "Neglecting everything to read Twilight". I'm glad I'm not the only one.
I meant to tell you while you were reading twilight, Stephanie made a fourth book that someone leaked out, so she decided to post what she had written on her website (www.stepheniemeyer.com). It is Edwards point of view during the twilight book. Check it out, it's VERY interesting!!! It's under the twilight series, then it's called Midnight Sun.
I discovered Midnight Sun after I finished #2. My sister told me about it also. I couldn't decide which to read first, Eclipse or Midnight Sun. I read about 2 chapters of Midnight Sun, but then I couldn't wait to see what happened in #3. I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe there is something to Jacob . . .
Post a Comment