December 20, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Today is our 11th anniversary! It's hard to believe we've been married that long. I mean, we both look like we're 21, right? - haha! (As a side note, why do wrinkles and grey hair look so much better on men than women?)For our anniversary celebration, we did our favorite thing - ski and stay the night at Alyeska. Alyeska is nice little ski resort in a nice little ski town called Girdwood, about 40 minutes from here. We skied all day yesterday, with a short break in the middle to eat lunch and sit in the hot tub . Matt gave me some new ski goggles and I got him a BYU sweatshirt. (They're playing basketball and football today!) Then Matt broke the rule about going easy on the anniversary and gave me another gift. He bought me a string of pearls. I love them! And I have already gotten Liz excited abou wearing them to her wedding (in about 20 years). But they'll still be in style - pearls never go out of style.

Then we did something we haven't done for approximately eleven and a half years. We ate dinner at Seven Glaciers - a really fancy restaurant at the top of the mountain. We last went there when we were dating and I visited Alaska for a week. Matt must've been trying to impress me then. And it worked! We were married six months later. Bit we've had to save our money for this long to be able to afford it again :) If you measure in cost per calorie, McDonalds is about 1/2 cent per 100 calories. Seven Glaciers is more like 7 cents per 100 calories. Sometimes you want to stop by McDonalds after eating at a fancy place like that (because you're still hungry). Seven Glaciers was actually very delicious and we even got full. We made reservations to go again in eleven and a half years.

This morning we slept in, had breakfast at the Pond Cafe and then headed home to our three little ones. Thank you for an awesome weekend, Matt! I'm so glad to have been married to you for 11 years. And the three kids are a nice bonus! I love you so much! Sometimes I forget to say thanks for all the awesome things you do for me. Maybe this one big thank you can fill in the cracks where I forget for the next year. Thanks and I love you!

3 comments:

Heather said...

You guys haven't aged a year. Tiffanie, I haven't seen a grey hair or a wrinkle on that beautiful face...now, we will have to talk again when you turn 37.

That Matt is such a romantic...will you tell him to give Garth a call?!

Smedley Family said...

Nice! You didn't tell me about the pearls!!! Happy Anniversary guys! We love ya!

Chelsea Harshbarger said...

Way to go you guys. Clark and I were actually planning the exact anniversary celebration for our anniversary on the 26th, but we are stupid and tried to make reservations a week before our anniversary. I guess we learned our lesson.