December 18, 2008

Look what Matt did!

Matt is the kind of husband that shows his love by doing whatever I want. Sometimes I ask, but most of the time he just keeps a lookout and does all the hard work I seem to avoid. I don't like to call myself spoiled, but I definitely am.

Cleaning the bathrooms is my least favorite chore. But I rarely have to do it because whenever the bathrooms start to get dirty, they miraculously get cleaned by the "daddy fairy" before I ever get around to it. I never have to take out the trash or shovel any snow. He always helps me with the dishes and hangs out with me when I'm doing something I don't need help with. He never complains when I make Subway or Mac & Cheese for dinner. And when it's after 9pm and one of us decides we need ice-cream or something from Blockbuster, he never complains when he's nominated to be the runner.

But, most importantly, Matt does all the things I really couldn't do myself. Unfortunately for him, I come up with lots of projects of this type. He has crawled through the crawl space to hide wires I wanted hidden. Once I went to all the hard work :) of buying the kids a swing and rings that I imagined them swinging on in their bedroom in the wintertime. Matt happily crawled through all the insulation in the attic to make the mounting hardward secure and pretty! He hangs up everything that's above my head (and I'm only 5'3" on a tall day). Every winter he builds a snow track around the house (complete with jumps) for the kids to ride their snow machine on. And when he's home, he doesn't watch out the window like I do. He goes outside and rides with them. In the summer he trims all the Pushki and Devil's Club in the greenbelt so the kids can explore without getting itchy. He tunes up my bike and waxes my skis before I even know they need it.

The most recent job I commissioned him for was a big one and he did it beautifully. We needed a new light in our dining room and I wanted new lights in our bathrooms. I did the easy job of picking them out and he hung them all up! Each one took at least an hour and there are seven. I love the result and I'm so glad he does it all happily, for me.

Downstairs bathroom & Master bathroom

Dining room

1 comment:

Amber said...

How wonderful! I openly admit that I am spoiled : )! What would we do without our husbands?