January 1, 2009

Christmas Break

We had planned on skiing a LOT this week. Unfortunately our yearly "very cold spell" is coinciding with Christmas Break. So, we've had to make other plans - LOTS of them. And still, Liz just walked up to me and said, "Mom, can we like do something? Because there's not really anything to do."

If I remember correctly, this is what we've done in the past two weeks:
  • Ice-skating
  • Swimming at the AK Club
  • H2Oasis Indoor Water Park - ALL DAY
  • Bouncin' Bears Indoor jumping crazy place
  • Kardio Kids, Kids Club & Acceleration Josh-style
  • Marley & Me
  • Bedtime Stories
  • Lessons in Poison Control :)
  • Rock Band and snow-machine night
  • Polar Express night
  • Gingerbread house making
  • Sugar Cookie making and decorating
  • Christmas shopping and wrapping for the siblings
  • Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!!!
  • Did I mention all the Christmas toys you can supposedly do things with?

I'm exhausted! I've had a great time, but Monday couldn't be a better day to load 2/3 of the troops on the bus at 8:45 a.m. Thank goodness for public school!!

So, when I asked Liz just what she was hoping that we do, she said she was hoping her and I could do something "arty." I have one artsy thing left in my Christmas-Break-arsenal-of-things-to-do. It's what Liz and I were working on when Tali climbed 6 feet high in the bathroom closet. You know the rest of that story already.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

what a crazy week you have had. I too am bummed about the ridiculous weather. If this keeps up, we may be skiing for our birthdays.

Melissa said...

I love reading about your family through Heather's blog. You're all so very blessed!