January 25, 2010

Bath Time

Today at about 2pm Tali wanted to take a bath. I wanted to read magazine article. What a great combo. I'll lay on my bed and read and she can play in the big bathtub - close enough that I can hear her, but far enough away that I can still read.

Did it work? Mostly. Tali is a non-stop chatterbox. If she's not talking to me, she's talking to something inanimate or Toby or herself. I could hear her constant jibber-jabber so I knew her head was above water, but I couldn't really make out any words so she didn't distract me from the article. (I am a "read in silence or I get too distracted" type person.)

The only trouble? Bubbles don't make any sound. I heard her turning the jets on and off, but I didn't think she'd be smart enough to combine jets and body wash to create a giant bubble explosion! I think she was having a great time creating bubbles . . . until the bubbles got a little too high. Then she yelled, "Mom!! Too many bubbles!"

This is what I found. She wasn't happy about the bubbles because she couldn't sit down anymore.


It was still a worthwhile afternoon activity. She had a blast in the tub and learned something interesting about bubbles and jets. I read that article. Now the only thing left for me to do is reach all the way down to the bottom of those bubbles and pull the plug. Tali said she couldn't reach it or her face would get dirty. I tried to explain that bubbles can't possibly get her face dirty because bubbles are clean. She didn't buy it. So, I'm waiting for the bubbles to die down a little bit. Maybe I'll just wait until Josh and Liz get home and bargain with them. "Pull the plug for me and I'll give you a cookie!" should do the trick. :)

3 comments:

Smedley Family said...

that's quite the bubble bath tali!! owen saw this and said "i want to play in that". i think you might have taught him a trick or two!! ;D

Smedley Family said...

ok . . . so after i left your blog to look at another, owen said "where is tali? i want to see her cause she is the best girl ever!" made me chuckle

Marylin said...

LOL! Love all the bubbles! That is my kind of bath!! :)