I am almost 33 weeks along. That's about 7 1/2 months! The last couple of months have seemed to move by slowly in terms of pregnancy, but all of a sudden, I'm almost there! I can handle having 7 weeks left, I think. I know the last weeks are usually the hardest, but I'm still sleeping well most of the time, having heartburn just once or twice a week, and only feeling totally exhausted every third day or so. Those are pretty good statistics for 33 weeks.
I finally ventured into our storage space to get out all the little girl newborn clothes and stuff we have. When I found it all, two things stunned me:
1. The sheer volume of STUFF a baby requires.
2. How tiny the socks and headbands are.
I felt like I had never done this before or something. Anyway, we are all excited! I think Tali might be the most excited! She pats my belly all the time, sits patiently to feel the baby kick, and even sings songs right to my stomach. It's so cute how interested she is! I hope she's not too disappointed when she realizes that babies aren't much fun to "play" with. Josh and Liz hadn't been patient enough to wait to feel a kick until we were sitting in Stake Conference last Sunday and the baby had hiccups. Then she got irritated with her hiccups and started wiggling around. The looks on their faces were priceless when they actually felt and saw my belly moving. I was hoping their reaction would be something like "Wow mom, you are a saint for carrying each of us in your belly for 9 months." Unfortunately their faces looked more like, "Whoa, there's an alien in there!"
We haven't decided on a name yet, but we're working on it. I have a feeling we might not decide until she's born, but I'll keep you posted.
At mom's request, I decided to finally post a picture of my belly, courtesy of Photography by Tali. Happy Spring!
5 comments:
You look fabulous!
dang, you have a cute baby belly..I'd stay preg-o if I could look like that!
can't wait for more news.
you look so cute pregnant!!! so teeny-tiny!! and when did you get so tan!?
Tali is really good with making the lighting just perfect so I "look" tan. That has to be it because I haven't been in the sun for a LONG time!
you look amazing!
Post a Comment