They have been working on their suprises all week. I know because they told me not to clean under their bed because that's where they were hiding them.
So, this morning I didn't wake up to all three kids' smiling faces until 9am! Josh and Liz prepared a whole breakfast tray for me, complete with PB Cap'n Crunch, two pieces of toast, a glass of milk, and two Starburst from their personal candy stash. They piled all of their surprises on top of the food and covered it all with a blanket. Then they got Tali out of bed and brought the whole tray to me in bed. I'm amazed the whole thing made it upstairs in one piece.
These are the surprises they made for me ("Mother's Day Magazine," 3 big crowns :). a card, a castle, some artwork and a black water horse):

Before I could eat, I had to get out of bed and see the stairs. Josh and Liz had made 15 paper flowers and put one on each step, ala rose petals on the stairs. These are all their own creations, no help from me.

And, for the coup de gras! They asked me what else they could do for me. I decided to give them a big job and see how far they could get. "Feed Tali and dress her for church while I take a shower." Voila! When I got out of the shower, Tali was all fed and dressed beautifully by her big brother and sister. (During sacrament meeting Tali grabbed her bum and said "big diaper." Oops, they didn't change her diaper.)
We missed you this Mother's Day, Matt. But it looks like you've taught the kids how to take care of mom well!
3 comments:
Beautifully done. Kids are the best. Wish I knew yours better. My kids would love them.
Very fun!! We love your kids! Is Josh playing soccer this year? Jason is coaching Kali's team this year. We'll have to see games if he is. We gotta start chatting on the phone and in person instead of this crazy thing called internet! :D
Tiffany hey it's Matt's cousin Marylin the one from Vegas! It has been a while since we last saw you! Your kids are too cute! I love the blogging world you can find so many people! Hope all is good with you guys!!
Post a Comment