September 8, 2008

Time Out for Women

This weekend Aunt Hilary was in town for Time Out for Women. It was my first time attending a Time Out production and it was breathtaking. I loved it! Of course, Hilary was my favorite part, and that's not just because she's Aunt Hilary. She continually impresses me with her vocal and musical talents. I love sitting in her living room while she plays and sings for us. She's also spectacular onstage. (Hil, you should try out for Nashville Star! haha) In addition to Hilary, we heard from Sheri Dew, Wendy Watson-Nelson, Ardeth Kapp and several others. My favorite speaker was Merilee Boyack.

My point here is this: The Time Out tour is just starting, and chances are, they're coming to a city near you. They will be in Las Vegas on Sept 19-20 and Logan on Sept 12-13 (Hilary won't be at that one, but Kenneth Cope and Jenny Oaks Baker will). If you're able, you should really go. Visit www.deseretbook.com/time-out/schedule

Our camera's memory card was MIA all weekend, so no pics. Lisa, don't you have one? Send it to me!

5 comments:

Smedley Family said...

I'll work on those pix. The gal is in my ward. I forgot all about it. Thanks again for letting me sit with you! I felt so privileged! {hopefully you didn't feel used . . . cause I really just wanted to sit with you!!!!!} It was really a good weekend, and she was beyond words how beautifully talented she is!!

Heather said...

I second this post...Hilary is amazing! Wish I could have seen her in action in AK!

Melinda H. said...

I have never been to TOFW either and I felt like my soul needed this, I think I cried from 9-3. I loved that Hilary didn't just sing, but that she was so dang funny as well! She had some great mother experiences that make you feel relieved that you aren't the only mother in the world to feel the way you do. I am no longer guilty for being excited for naptime and bedtime!

Larry and Cindy said...

Hey Little Tiff, (remember being called that?) I went to time out for Women yesterday and friday night and Hilary was abxolutely fabulous!!! We also enjoyed on friday night Jason Deere and the Nashville Tribute Band, they did the CD's A Nashville Tribute to the Prophet Joseph and also their second CD was titled TREK which was a tribute to the Pioneers. Have you heard them? They are also fabulous!!!Our other friday night speaker was Elia Gourgouris, he was good and greek convert. Minday Gledhill also performed with Jason Deere and the gang and another kid for Richfield Utah that is doing well in Nashville with his band, his name is Tim (I forgot his last name at the moment)! Of course, Hilary performed on Friday and Saturday We had different speakers at TOFW than you did. We had Chris Stewart author of the great and terrible series, Michael Wilcox, a well know speaker for Womens Conf., Know your religion, Education week and he has written books etc. Pam Hansen spoke and Amanda Dickson...she was hilarious!! She seems like a comedian. She had been a big time attorney and then she got married later in life and had her first baby at 41 she has 2 little boys. Well, I will shut up for now. If I am not working when you want to go on your bike ride call me and I will watch your baby. Love Ya, Cindy Taylor email is lawcintay@netzero.net

Tonya Joy said...

It really was a great weekend - I for one needed it. Hilary did a great job. I bought the new CD and love it. The other day I had it on and (I told Matt this) Harrison - my almost 9 year old - says, "What is this garbage?" I feel awful - wanted to have you pass on to Matt that in no way do I share the opinions of my ornery son. So I make him listen to it all the time now. It really is a great CD.