February 21, 2009

You put what where?

I gave Tali a Dum-Dum to eat in the car.
Halfway home I saw her chewing on the stick. Pretty harmless, right?
She chewed it into pieces and started throwing them on the floor. All except for two pieces . . .
which she put in her nose.
Then she tried to get them out . . . and shoved them ALL THE WAY IN!
By the time we got home, she was a little concerned, so she explained everything to me. I recalled some tips I learned from my mom when my brother used to stick rocks up his nose.
Tali lay very still while I used a flashlight, a little mouth-to-mouth and some tweezers to remove the sucker stick pieces.
Josh and Liz were giddy while they watched me do minor surgery on the Dum-Dum.
I mean, to remove the Dum-Dum.

3 comments:

Settler's Bay Relief Society said...

LOL! I did not know about that trick. None of my kids have ever stuck anything up their noses. (knock on wood) So now, if they ever do, I'll think of you and skip the embarrasing trip to the ER. You have the cutest blog Tiffanie.

Anonymous said...

You not only have the cutest blog.... you're just the cutest. Love Matt

Chelsea Harshbarger said...

Clark and I both thought this was pretty hilarious. What is it that fascinates kids about sticking things in their nose? I will keep this tip in mind for the future.