She will tell her two best friends.
She'll tell them to keep it a secret . . .
but they will tell their moms . . . that very night.
Their moms will not know that it's supposed to be a secret,
so they'll tell their husbands. . .
and two more people from our ward.
Their husbands will hear, but not listen or repeat ;)
But their two best friends . . .
will tell two people from the next ward over.
The next day the first little girl will think,
"I told two people yesterday . . .
so I better tell two people today."
And so she will tell her school teacher
and Tuesday's classroom parent helper,
who, after leaving school, will pick up her younger child . . .
from the same pre-school your younger child goes to.
She also won't know it's supposed to be a secret,
so she'll tell your younger child's teacher . . .
and another mom whose children go to your Kardio Kids class . . .
every Wednesday morning.
After having told the secret to the precious little girl on Sunday night, it will start returning to you from all different angles as soon as
- Tuesday night at the Stake Primary meeting,
- Wednesday morning at Kardio Kids,
- Thursday morning at school and
- Thursday afternoon at pre-school.
It will make you feel a bit surprised,
and also a little dumbfounded at how far-reaching this little girl's social circle is,
but mostly good that people care . . .
and say "Congratulations" vs. "Are you crazy?"
If it's not obvious, the little girl is Liz and she's all about talking and friends. The silly person who decided Liz would be a good confidante is me. And my secret was . . .
We're having another baby!
He or she is due to arrive at the end of May, which puts me a measly 8 weeks along. But with my track record, I'm not expecting anything until at least June. Better to be prepared, right?
Now that you all know, can you start bringing meals? Just three times a week for the next 7 months would be great!
10 comments:
Yay! Congratulations!!!
CONGRATULATIONS TIFF and MATT!! That is fabulous news...I guess that gets me out of doing the NorthFace this year...yea! Still we can hang at the Muskee
That's wonderful! I would totally bring you meals if I were there. I love getting meals while pregnant -- for me it's better than after the baby.
Congratulations!
Yeah, Congrats! That is so exciting Tiff. Yeah for Novakovich babies.
Hooray!!! What an exciting secret! I don't think, if I were Liz, I could hold it in either! I am so excited for you!
I would totally bring you meals, if I were there. How about I send you freeze dried stuff? : )
Oh how exciting Tiff! If I lived closer I would TOTALLY bring you guys a meal or two for sure.
Congratulations!!! I am way excited for you.
Liz, if I didn't already know, I would be very upset that that news didn't make it out to Eagle River!! :) You have quite the circle babe!!!
YAY YAY YAY!!! Another BFF on the way!!! :)
CONGRATS!!! yipee, i'm so happy for you & hope that you are feeling ok.
love the post too :) it'll be a great tale to tell your new little one someday.
if i were there i would bring you meals, but i would stay forever chatting with you too.
love you, courtney
Hey Beavis, I guess I should check your blog more often! Congrats!! I guess this means you are not running in any x-country get togethers. congrats on a new little one!
Post a Comment