October 10, 2009

September

I knew it was bad. I was tired and feeling like a single mom. Then I did the math and Matt was out of town for 19 out of 27 days last month. First it was to Juneau for work. Then to Provo for pleasure - BYU vs. FSU (turned out to be not so pleasurable). And lastly, hunting, which apparently counts as more work than pleasure . . . "We're hunting for food, ya know." But he's home now and we're happy about that.
When I'm home alone, I stay up too late, sleep with a phone and a fire extinguisher, neglect the laundry and the blog.

I thought we hadn't done anything blog-worthy. But I guess I was just too busy to download the pics. Here's a quick re-cap of our September adventures.

Tali and I had a lunch date at Thai Orchid.

Lunch at school with Josh and Liz,
recess at school with Josh and Liz,

and a science experiment presentation in Josh's class. Launching rockets for all the 4th grade classes is not usually in my job description, but Josh and I were successful. This pic is from a previous launch. I didn't have enough hands to take a video of the school launch.


Girls' Night Out

I finally followed Brooke's Facebook advice and we got gigantic ice-cream treats for 49 cents from Carls Jr.


Jayme Carter's wedding reception.
A field trip to Campbell Creek to watch wildlife biologists mate salmon? - interesting
Swimming - Josh and I talked Tali into going down the slide by herself. Why? I don't know. She didn't really like the dunking part, but she did it twice.

No comments: