For birthdays I'm usually all about simplicity. Yes, I make a big deal, but I like to have the party somewhere else so all I have to do is bring the cake - store-bought if possible. But when I'm pregnant I tend to get a little more domestic. For Liz's birthday this year, I decided it would be fun to let her have a party at our house. Liz chose a Halloween theme and we stuck to it, mostly. We had to throw in some girliness here and there :)
Liz and I found all of our spooky food ideas online and we worked on them together, all week. We made one thing per day until we ran out of steam. Then I turned to Papa Murphy's. I had to ask the guy to be a little artistic and he was happy to oblige. The only casualty was the bread sticks. I was too tired to make my own so I used Pilsbury pizza crust from a tube. Don't try that at home. They were cool-looking, but not tasty. But the rest was fantastic.
3 comments:
How cute that is. I wish I could read all the explanations on the food. The party looked sooo fun. I would not say it was simple. In contrast it looked fun and "spooky."
Holy smokes! You're not kidding -- you get really domestic!
It all looks fabulous!
Mom, if you click on a picture it should get bigger. If not, this is what the name cards say: cheese fingers (made of string cheese and almond slivers), candy corn pizza (orange on the outside, white on the inside), spidey cookies, nutter butter ghosts, whitches' wands, bones 'n' blood and Liz's witches brew. I don't think I included a picture of that. I just threw a chunk of dry ice in the lemonade and it bubbled and smoked. The kids loved it. It filled their cups with smoke when I poured it.
Post a Comment