January 5, 2010

Impatient

Everyone keeps asking me if we're going to find out if we're having a boy or a girl.

I know some people like to be surprised and some really old people, like my parents, didn't have any choice but to wait. (Just kidding parents!?!)

That's not me. That's SO totally not me! I have this nesting instinct that really needs to be fulfilled. I need to know what color to paint which room, which child/children will be sharing (or further sharing) their room. I need to know if I should pull out all the double-hand-me-down girl clothes or start anew with boy clothes. Okay, maybe it has more to do with shoppping than nesting. Have you seen those really cute baby shoes they have at Costco for $14.99? I need to know if I should buy pink or blue. I need to know!

I have an appointment for January 18th. That's just two weeks from today and I have plenty of stuff to do between now and then to help the time fly by. I have three baskets and one dryer full of clean laundry to fold and put away, classrooms to help in and field trips to go on, Primary lessons to plan and homework to help with. I even have a date already planned for this Friday night. Last, but obviously not least, my Christmas decorations are still up . . . and yet I sit here paralyzed with impatience. How am I going to make it?

This is how:
I had an appointment for January 18th. I called and rescheduled for January 8th. That's this Friday!! We will know what we're having this Friday!!!!!! and I am giddy!

2 comments:

Mom N said...

Cute...I hope I get a call on the way home from the appointment!

Bethany said...

What cute shoes at Costco? Are they baby shoes? I'm going to have to check ours for sure -- thanks for the tip! And have fun on Friday!