Hiking with the kids.
When we get to the big uphills and downhills, Tali gets out while Josh and Liz push the jogger. It's a workout for all of us! The creek is always the ultimate destination. It's not very far away, so we usually pass it on the way out with promises of stopping on the way back. On this particular day I wouldn't let them cross it because I knew if someone fell I was in no position to stage a rescue :) A few days later, we went with Matt. He let them cross so they would know how strong a current can be, even in a shallow creek. Toby was the smartest one in the group. He deemed the creek un-crossable and kept demonstrating how to use the bridge. Josh made it across, but got wet all the way up to his waist. Liz went next and had to be rescued by Matt. She started falling apart when her skirt got wet. Then she lost her shoe and all composure. Matt helped her across but her brand new shoe floated quickly downstream and is lost forever. Luckily it was an $11 pair from Target.
Tali's end of pre-school picnic, complete with pony rides (and hot dogs at 10am).
Tali started off this year of pre-school a little bit shy. Her teacher always told me that she didn't talk much. I thought that was funny because she talks non-stop at home. By the end of the year, she started talking . . . a lot . . . and Mrs. Anissa had become one of her "best friends," along with Mimi and Randy. Tali LOVES animals, so the pony rides were a big hit for her!
Tali & Mrs. Anissa
Field Day for Josh & Liz
Field Day is always a blast. When I was a kid my neighbor, Marie, and I would practice for the 3-legged race for at least a week in advance of field day. I think we were the only ones who practiced at all, so we always won. Every year I try to get Josh and Liz to practice with a friend so we can keep the 3-legged legacy alive, but they just think I'm crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment