September 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Josh!

Josh turned 8 on August 22. His cousins were still in town for the big day so, being the hip mom that I totally am, I let him skip the third day of school and we all headed to the Alaska State Fair! Josh said it was the awesomest birthday he's ever had.

Since we were sure to be gone the ENTIRE day, I wasn't sure how to fit in a cake. Aunt Heather solved that quick by bringing cupcakes over at 10am. So, I think we all had sugar cereal for breakfast, cupakes for brunch, Taco Bell on the way there. Then fair food, including funnel cakes, dipped ice-cream cones, hot dogs, cheeseburgers, fries, soda. I must be missing something because we spent more than I make in a month on fair food! Then, on the way home, we were all starving, so we had McDonalds in the car. I feel like barfing just thinking about it. But, enough about the food . . . how about the fun!
We watched a cool BMX show, twice. We saw a silly lunberjack show, just once, thank you. We walked by Sarah Palin's booth, not knowing she would be possible VP2B within days. We rode rides, visited booths, got autographed posters and pieces of wood?, souvenir shopped, got free hats and $25 hats, won a giant balloon (to be mentioned later) and a purple stuffed monkey, fell asleep in the grass (just Liz), and did handstands in the parking lot on the way out. On the way home we took pictures (out of the sunroof) of a beautiful rainbow, and the sun setting at 10pm.

(left) Matt & Liz on the pirate ship - I tried a few times, but couldn't get both of their faces because I was on the ride too.
(right) Ethan, Josh & Liz on the raptor-kite ride. I can't believe Liz is big enough.
(left) Ethan, Josh & Liz on the Rock 'n' Roll barf machine. (right) Liz's roller coaster stance.
What a day. I love the fair. Everyone had a great time. Especially Josh, who turned 8 that day. I think he'll remember his eighth birthday forever, because he said it was the awesomest birthday of his life.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I love the photography. I don't think I even looked up from the road on our drive home. I was too focused on not falling asleep and killing everyone in the car. I can't believe how big Josh is! Such the little man. What a birthday blast.. you get to plan our next party.