November 13, 2008

Little Liz

Ever since Josh was old enough to sit, I've lived with the reality that there is really no need for chairs in my house. My kids don't sit on chairs. They kneel on them, stand on them, lay on them, fall off of them and climb under them. I have wondered if there is something wrong with their bums!
Then, one day, I realized that I don't sit directly on my butt very often. When I have to sit in a chair, one of my feet is usually underneath me. I remember being told to "SIT" thousands of times as a kid. I also remember really enjoying finding interesting places to be - not sit, like on the top shelf of the closet, in the cabinet under the sink, under the table/desk, or, my favorite, in the hamper. So, since I realized that this little quirk of theirs is actually my fault, I have learned to embrace it.
That's why I love this picture of Liz. There is always an element of creativity and uniqueness to everything Liz does. Even when she's sitting quietly, she's doing it differently.

Liz writing. She is actually using a chair :o - for a handrest.

2 comments:

Amber said...

That is so cute! Wow, she has gotten so big! I love seeing how your own quirks have gotten passed on to your children. Ben and I will definitely see that soon enough with our darling.

Amber said...

Wow, Liz has gotten so big! It is so fun to see the quirks that you have passed on to your offspring. Ben and I are excited to see what our darling gets from us (hopefully more of Ben!).