November 5, 2008

Nooooooo Mommy, I don't yike it!

I have finally discovered the reason for Santa Claus!!! He exists to undo all the damage done to little kids by Halloween. Don't get it? Ever since Tali saw everyone she knows dressed up in the most ridiculous get-ups for Halloween, she has been terrified of "guys." That doesn't refer to real life males, just the following:
  • The stuffed people sitting on motorcycles and 4-wheelers at the Honda Motorsports Shop. When I tried to show her they were fake by squishing one of their legs, she totally freaked out.
  • A life-sized cut-out of Obama on the street corner. She said, "Mom, I don't yike dat guy." Then I laughed for a long time.
  • Lastly, the life-sized Santa at Lowe's. I was really excited when I saw the Christmas stuff out, so I walked her right up to Santa. Before I realized what was happening, she was clinging to me, then clutching my clothes, then pulling out my hair and yelling, "Nooo! I don't yike it, I don't wanna touch it! Noooooooooooo Mommy!!!" So, I really quickly pushed the button to make him sing, backed away . . . and voila! Tali's not quite as scared of "guys" anymore. Just 6 more weeks of "Santa gives you toys and candy" propaganda and she will no longer remember Halloween.

1 comment:

Smedley Family said...

we should of put tali on the campaign trail!!